United Bank Student Athlete Scholarship Program:
The DCSAA is committed to encouraging excellence in both academics and athletics. It is for this reason that the Student Athlete Academic Scholarship Program was initiated. This year we are proud to announce that scholarships will be fully sponsored by United Bank, The Community Bank of the Nation’s Capital. Each scholarship recognizes the distinguished academic, leadership and sportsmanship achievements of District of Columbia high school student athletes and the positive influence of athletics in each student’s life.
- Applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Earned a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average;
- Earned a letter in a Varsity sport for at least two years;
- Acceptance to an accredited college/university or trade school with enrollment on a full-time basis beginning no later than January 2018;
- Applicant must complete and submit the DCSAA scholarship application, along with supporting materials, no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 30, 2018.
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from high school teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator.
- Applicant’s high school principal and athletic director must sign the application to ensure that the academic and athletic information submitted is accurate.
Applicant must attend a member school of the District of Columbia Athletic Association and be in compliance with all rules and regulations set forth in 5 DCMR A § 5001.1 and those governing eligible non-residents.
The 2018 scholarship application can be accessed below. Completed applications and supporting materials must be submitted, no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 30, 2018 via email to Natalie.Randolph@dc.gov, U.S. mail, or in person. The mailing address for submissions is:
District of Columbia State Athletic Association
Government of the District of Columbia
1050 First Street, NE, 6th Floor
Washington, DC 20002